Servathon 2011

Today we woke up at 7am (it’s Saturday) for “Servathon,” an effort to bring together young people in the DC area and give back to the community. It’s basically a morning of community service (8,000 youngsters this year) and then a bar crawl in the Dupont Circle area after.

In 2009 I cleaned a library in Chinatown. Last year we painted the map of the United States on a elementary school playground. This year we painted murals inside an elementary school. (I can’t take credit for this good habit, a very good friend has been a very good influence)

Last year, while I painted certain states pink, a tall, funny guy named Nick purposely picked pink paint too and followed me around the map until I gave him my phone number. The rest is history <3

Tomorrow I am headed to the farmers market down the road with my camera. I plan on getting some bright photos and fresh ingredients for a spring salsa!

8 Responses to “Servathon 2011”

1. Bud and Leo posted on April 18, 2011 at 12:35 am (#)

So much fun for such a great cause – awesome! Love the mural!

2. vashrave posted on April 18, 2011 at 2:33 pm (#)

good for you guys. wish i could be a part, but i live so far away. also is that a typo? bar crawl? bear crawl?

3. Michelle O posted on April 18, 2011 at 2:36 pm (#)

Thanks guys! And that mural was the most simple. There was an Obama mural that was amazing. I just liked the saying on that one. Vashrave — thanks! No typo though, a bar crawl is right, like a pub crawl, bar hop, you know — go to several bars in one area for drink specials. 🙂

4. vashrave posted on April 20, 2011 at 4:42 am (#)

LOL thats what I initially thought…but crawling seems much more correct.

5. Kelly posted on April 28, 2011 at 12:37 am (#)

I love that you met at Servathon! Last year, I picked up crack baggies in the SE from the parks…I think pink paint is a better way to fall in love 🙂

6. curry 4 posted on February 12, 2019 at 4:04 am (#)

The noises and stressful the playoffs.+ACI-We are eager to match.+ACI-Owen said.Knight should first game will be on Thursday in east, and before them
    +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-http://www.curry4.us+ACI- +AD4-curry 4+ADw-/a+AD4-

7. mizuno shoes posted on February 12, 2019 at 4:05 am (#)

+ADw-a href+AD0AIg-http://www.mizunoshoes.us.com+ACI- +AD4-mizuno shoes+ADw-/a+AD4-

8. kobe bryant shoes posted on February 12, 2019 at 4:09 am (#)

Draft of the same year on the bottom rookie will be what?In general the draft should be able to blow the other party, who would have thought them took Owen on the 60th pick small Thomas in the same year, he turned out to be in the position of the challenger?
    +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-http://www.kobebryantshoes.us+ACI- +AD4-kobe bryant shoes+ADw-/a+AD4-