Easter in Connecticut

I went home this weekend to see my Mom in Connecticut for Easter. We went for a nice walk with the dog at the marina near her house and I took some photos of the ocean.

I miss New England, it really is beautiful and I really  miss the ocean. I could have snapped photos all day.

I was only home for a short time, so it was nice not to have any particular plans and just relax with my mom. We even went to a French bakery down the road so I could sample more macaroons for my next attempt!

Here is my mom and her best little buddy.  Quincy is 13 years old and  he never leaves her side.

We ate Chinese food for dinner, colored eggs and talked about the wedding.

It’s been forever since we actually colored Easter eggs together. We really got creative.  Here are some of my favorites.

Watermelon egg.

Traditional Easter egg. (My mom has gorgeous handwriting. Too bad that was not a trait that was passed down to me!)

Our “Save the Date” egg 🙂

And our Tiffany egg.  Hope you had a good Easter too!

14 Responses to “Easter in Connecticut”

1. Melissa posted on April 9, 2012 at 1:40 am (#)

gorgeous pictures! looks like you had a great easter! 🙂

2. Laura | A Healthy Jalapeño posted on April 9, 2012 at 2:30 am (#)

Beautiful pic’s… where does your mom live in CT? I live in Danbury but grew up in Trumbull… we’re like neighbors 🙂

• Michelle O replied on April 9th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

We are from Fairfield! I was born there but moved around alot. Now I’m in DC. We are l ike neighbors! 🙂

3. Sabrina posted on April 9, 2012 at 3:22 am (#)

I love the eggs and the pictures!

4. Sutapa posted on April 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm (#)

Lovely pics and it seems that you spend a great time….Happy Easter to you and all your loved ones!

5. Anita at Hungry Couple posted on April 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm (#)

Those eggs are stunning – absolute works of art. I also love New England and always feel peaceful when I’m there. I’m glad you got to spend a relaxing holiday with your mom.

6. Abby posted on April 9, 2012 at 3:14 pm (#)

What a fun weekend! Wedding planning is so exciting, I just wish Pinterest had been invented during mine.

7. Gluten free products posted on April 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm (#)

Great blogging, it’ll inspire a lot people surely, thanks for sharing.

8. Christine's Pantry posted on April 10, 2012 at 3:46 am (#)

I’m glad you had a great Easter. Nice photos. I grow up in Vermont. I too miss New England.

9. keepvid music serial posted on March 14, 2019 at 2:27 pm (#)

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

10. echovox system 3 hack download posted on March 15, 2019 at 5:17 am (#)

very good publish, i certainly love this website, keep on it

11. fortnite windows 10 download posted on March 15, 2019 at 11:05 am (#)

I would like to show some thanks to the writer just for bailing me out of this type of incident. Right after looking through the world-wide-web and finding ideas which were not productive, I figured my life was well over. Existing without the answers to the difficulties you have fixed as a result of your main article content is a critical case, as well as the ones that might have adversely damaged my career if I hadn’t encountered the website. Your good mastery and kindness in maneuvering all things was excellent. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t encountered such a thing like this. I’m able to at this time look forward to my future. Thank you so much for this high quality and results-oriented guide. I will not be reluctant to recommend your web blog to anyone who should receive tips about this matter.

12. cheat engine posted on March 15, 2019 at 12:30 pm (#)

I really enjoy examining on this internet site , it has got fine content .

13. vikings war of clans hack posted on March 15, 2019 at 3:21 pm (#)

Valuable info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site accidentally, and I’m stunned why this coincidence did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.