Strawberry Shortcake Jello Shots

What could be better than strawberry shortcake? How about strawberry shortcake infused with cake flavored vodka in jello shot form!

Yes . . .  we really did this.

Once again I can’t take credit for this jello shot idea, my better half has been channeling his boozy creativity and I’m grateful for his crazy, beautiful mind.

“Baby, the jello will sink right through the cake though, ” I said.

“Well why don’t you cover it up with some strawberry flavored cream cheese as a barrier,”  he replied matter of factly.

So smart!

Just like the drunken donuts I think these would be fun for a boozy brunch or bridal shower.

I, on the other hand, ate them on Sunday just for the heck of it (really though, we couldn’t let them go to waste after we tested the recipe out).

I was thinking maybe there wouldn’t be a sufficient amount of jello in the center of the cake, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Great idea my love. What else do you have up there?

P.S. I’m just about 99% sure that I will be attempting French Macaroons for the first time this week.  Wish me luck.   Do you think we can make a French Macaroon shaped jello shot?

(For a kid friendly non-alcoholic version just use 1 cup cold water instead of vodka)

Strawberry Shortcake Jello Shots (Makes about 20 shots, broken cakes accounted for)
2 packages premade shortcake “bowls”
Strawberry Cream cheese
1 small box strawberry Jello
1 cup Pinnacle cake flavored vodka
1 cup water

1. Boil one cup water. When boiling add straberry jello packet right away. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.

2. Add 1 cup cold vodka, set mixture asside until it is room temperature.

3. Coat the inside of each shortcake bowl with cream cheese so it acts as a barrier and the jello won’t absorb through the cakes.

4. Gently pour the jello into the cake bowls on top of cream cheese. Refridgerate until jello harders (2-5 hours) Check on cakes, topping them off with more jello as it harders so you have full shots.

For featuring on your website please make sure to contact thatssomichelle@gmail.com

43 Responses to “Strawberry Shortcake Jello Shots”

1. Tina posted on April 4, 2012 at 3:25 pm (#)

These look fabulous! How creative of you as well as your better half. Cake, vodka, cream cheese and strawberry-sounds like a winning combination to me. Not to mention makes for a stunning presentation. Great post!

• Michelle O replied on April 4th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Thanks Tina! Headed over to your blog right now 🙂

2. Sarah Toasty posted on April 4, 2012 at 3:55 pm (#)

Hahaha I saw all of your pins yesterday about the macarons, spent about an hour reading up while procrastinating on grading. Got stuck on the ketchup macarons on David Leibowitz, crazy! I’m waiting for access to my parent’s kitchen with the stand mixer and space to spread out but it’s definitely on the to-do list. Brave lady.

Super cute shots, as per usual!

3. LL550 posted on April 4, 2012 at 4:39 pm (#)

These look amazing, you put my jello shots to shame! Macaroon jello shots, or macaroons in general for that matter, sound incredible, can’t wait to see them!

4. Erica posted on April 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm (#)

Hahaha, cute idea. I definitely think you should attempt french macaron-shaped jello shots! I’m sure there’s a mold for that 🙂

5. Red_Shallot posted on April 4, 2012 at 6:05 pm (#)

Yes, please!

6. Kiri W. posted on April 4, 2012 at 6:22 pm (#)

Ooooh, I am hooked! 🙂
    (And you have quite the jello shot consumption 😉 )

7. Cake posted on April 4, 2012 at 8:24 pm (#)

Haha – I wondered what you’d come up with for spring. 😉

• Michelle O replied on April 4th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I think I might have a few more spring tricks up my sleeve too! 🙂

8. Grubarazzi posted on April 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm (#)

These are super cute. I would love to have these at a grown up Easter party 🙂

9. Kels @ K and K Test Kitchen posted on April 5, 2012 at 12:42 am (#)

These are adorable. I bet they are delicious too!

10. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on April 5, 2012 at 4:38 am (#)

Oh girl, you never disappoint with these! LOVE these ones!

11. Tracy @ Pale Yellow posted on April 10, 2012 at 1:05 am (#)

Your jello shots are always so creative, but these really take the cake! I need to find some cake flavored vodka fast!

12. Rosie316 posted on December 13, 2012 at 7:08 pm (#)

Hi all. Just wanted to give you my twist on these. I follwed the Jello portion of this recipe (delicious) and then switched it up a bit. I pulled the green tops off of large strawberries, and slightly trimmed the bottoms flat. Then use a small melon baller to hollow them out. Poured the cooled Jello mix in and refridgerated them. When they were set, I topped the with REAL whipping cream. Easy to pop right in the ol’ kisser!!! Love your version too Michelle. Thanks for the idea. P.S. I tried your carmel apple shots too… a huge hit at the party! -Rosie

13. irishis posted on August 27, 2015 at 6:24 pm (#)

I’m not sure, did you just cut them in half? Do you need to do that to make it one shot?

14. CliffChubs posted on January 10, 2019 at 5:15 am (#)

Joe Bonamassa is a famous country singer, so don’t miss the possibility to visit Joe Bonamassa 2019 schedule

15. EJunulp posted on January 10, 2019 at 6:53 pm (#)

Elton John is my favourite UK singer of the world. I+BDIEAiEi-m encouraged to present for you this tour list 2019. Check +ADw-a href+AD0-http://eltonjohntour2019.com+AD4-Elton John tour Denver+ADw-/a+AD4 link to get your best ticket for the farewell Elton John tour.

16. ShowIdevy posted on January 24, 2019 at 3:02 am (#)

In 2019 there are lot of films are going to be released. Obviously, there are Avengers part 2, new Star Wars Episode 9 and many others. These are movies that every kid wants to see, but sometimes you can miss it.That’s where apps come in handy you can watch a movies for free. Btw, looking for the best app to watch free movies on your iOS phone? Then your should check Showbox app. This is the most famous app today that has a big library of tv shows and films. This app is also available for Mac users. But your need to download it first to enjoy free films Showbox download on PC

17. slotxo posted on January 25, 2019 at 4:44 am (#)

Medium volatility slots fall someplace between the two.

18. Kimeret posted on January 30, 2019 at 3:29 am (#)

Interested in HARD ROCK? How about Kiss band? The band is on a tour right now all across USA. Click on KISS Tour Dates 2019 Philadelphia to know more about KISS concert dates in 2019.

19. kyrie 5 posted on February 2, 2019 at 5:34 pm (#)

NBA players in addition to playing badly, and also an art cells, for two consecutive years in the NBA finals two teams join forces with the warriors and knight, but only two dancers, two teams played neck and neck, dancing is close, take a look at
    +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-http://www.kyrie-5.com+ACI- +AD4-kyrie 5+ADw-/a+AD4-

20. kd shoes posted on February 2, 2019 at 5:46 pm (#)

Knight finally written pledge to fulfill a military order+ACE-Owen Jefferson suspected the contradiction, huang zhan anger: don’t win playoff team and the team retired showdown between the more and more intense, will the rockets in just eliminated the spurs tomorrow will come and warriors in the first fight
    +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-http://www.kdshoes.us.com+ACI- +AD4-kd shoes+ADw-/a+AD4-

21. Google posted on February 8, 2019 at 5:48 pm (#)

That may be the end of this article. Here youll locate some sites that we assume you will appreciate, just click the links.

22. река магдалена posted on February 9, 2019 at 12:12 pm (#)

that is the end of this post. Right here you will find some internet sites that we think you will value, just click the links over

23. Coltelli Da Cucina 2017 posted on February 9, 2019 at 12:28 pm (#)

This paragraph offers clear idea designed for the new people of blogging,
    that in fact how to do running a blog.

24. тет а тет значение posted on February 9, 2019 at 6:11 pm (#)

Here are several of the websites we advocate for our visitors

25. vibrating butt beads posted on February 10, 2019 at 6:46 pm (#)

always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I really like but dont get quite a bit of link adore from

26. скачать бесплатно mp3 posted on February 12, 2019 at 10:22 am (#)

Every when in a although we opt for blogs that we study. Listed below would be the newest web-sites that we pick

27. Hootieet posted on February 12, 2019 at 12:22 pm (#)

I like rock bands! I really do! And my favourite rock band is Hootie&Blowfish! All band members has reunited to perform more than 50 concerts for their fans in 2019! To know more about Hootie&Blowfish in 2019 visit website Hootie and the Blowfish tour Salt Lake City. You won’t miss concerts in 2019 if you click on the link!

28. prostate sex toy posted on February 12, 2019 at 9:13 pm (#)

Here are a few of the websites we recommend for our visitors

29. download casino yify posted on February 12, 2019 at 9:41 pm (#)

Potatoes contain a good amount of ‘Vitamin C’, when eaten along while using the skin.
    Most persons in life are categorized as small shovel many people.
    We want it to communicate directly the target marketplace. http://naturecheck.com/__media__/js/netsoltrademark.php?d=Www.Joinncasino.com%2Ftop-ways-for-minimising-risks-of-online-gambling%2F

30. anal sex posted on February 13, 2019 at 3:49 am (#)

although websites we backlink to beneath are considerably not associated to ours, we really feel they may be actually worth a go as a result of, so have a look

31. the male p spot posted on February 13, 2019 at 5:57 am (#)

Sites of interest we have a link to

32. training anal toys posted on February 13, 2019 at 11:33 am (#)

Every after inside a although we pick out blogs that we study. Listed below would be the most recent web sites that we select

33. anal play posted on February 13, 2019 at 1:13 pm (#)

just beneath, are several totally not connected internet sites to ours, nonetheless, they’re certainly worth going over

34. 토토사이트 posted on February 14, 2019 at 3:09 pm (#)

usually posts some incredibly intriguing stuff like this. If youre new to this site

35. 토토사이트 검증 posted on February 14, 2019 at 7:19 pm (#)

always a significant fan of linking to bloggers that I adore but do not get a lot of link adore from

36. 안전공원 추천 posted on February 14, 2019 at 10:34 pm (#)

Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a handful of unrelated information, nevertheless actually really worth taking a search, whoa did one particular discover about Mid East has got a lot more problerms at the same time

37. 먹튀검증 posted on February 15, 2019 at 3:05 am (#)

Every once in a although we choose blogs that we read. Listed below would be the latest web sites that we pick

38. ismknkldgd posted on February 15, 2019 at 4:16 am (#)

Strawberry Shortcake Jello Shots +ALs- That’s so Michelle
    ismknkldgd http://www.gn412nm8rx6b9773ul7qhi31u2f52ky5s.org/
    +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-http://www.gn412nm8rx6b9773ul7qhi31u2f52ky5s.org/+ACIAPg-aismknkldgd+ADw-/a+AD4-
    +AFs-url+AD0-http://www.gn412nm8rx6b9773ul7qhi31u2f52ky5s.org/+AF0-uismknkldgd+AFs-/url+AF0-

39. 사다리사이트 posted on February 15, 2019 at 5:24 am (#)

Every once in a though we choose blogs that we read. Listed beneath are the most up-to-date web pages that we select

40. فیلم سوپر سکسی posted on February 15, 2019 at 11:38 am (#)

always a huge fan of linking to bloggers that I appreciate but do not get a good deal of link appreciate from

41. سكس مترجم HD posted on February 15, 2019 at 5:41 pm (#)

Here are a few of the websites we suggest for our visitors