Red, White and Blue, Bomb Pop Jello Shots
I know these are a little late (or maybe a little early for July 4th) but after I mentioned the color combo with my watermelon babies I had to try out the red, white and blue too!
We had a couple friends over this weekend and everyone agreed they look just like little Bomb Pops, or Rocket Pops (whatever you call them).
Since we will be celebrating in the Outer Banks for July 4th and I won’t be able to blog much, I figured I would post them now. (Also I think they look awesome and just couldn’t hold back from sharing them with you!)
I think these taste most like the popsicle version with cotton candy flavored vodka. The instructions are basically the same as with the watermelons with a few little changes. (For a kid friendly, non-alcoholic version just use cold water instead of vodka in each layer)
*Two important tips: Make the jello thicker and stronger than usual to keep it on the stick, also it’s important to lightly spray the plate you serve these on with some cooking spray. Not enough to actually see it, but enough so when your guests pick up their shot it wont stay stuck on the plate.
1 regular sized (small) box blue raspberry jello
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup Cotton Candy Flavored Vodka
1. Boil your 2/3 cup water and then add your jello packet. When it has all dissolved add to you 2/3 cup vodka.
2. Pour your blue jello mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan and refrigerate until it’s solid, about 30-45 mins.
Do not add the next layer until the blue layer is solid.
1/2 cup coconut or regular milk
2 table spoons sugar
1 packet Knox Gelatin
1/2 cup cotton candy flavored fodka
1. Pour your milk into a sauce pan. Sprinkle your gelatin packet on top and let it sit for a minute. After it sits, stir and break up the gelatin. Next turn on medium heat until the gelatin dissolves and is combined. Add your sugar and wait until that melts as well. Add your vodka.
2. When your white jello mixture has cooled down a bit, pour it on top of the hardened blue layer. Do not pour the next red layer on top until the white layer is solid.
1 regular sized (small) box cherry jello
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup cotton candy flavored vodka
1. Boil your 2/3 cup water and then add your red jello packet. When it has all dissolved add to you 2/3 cup vodka.
2. Pour all of your pink jello mixture on top of the white layer and refrigerate overnight.
Slicing and Serving Directions
1 sharp knife
1 triangle cookie or fondant cutter (optional)
Mini wooden popsicle sticks (they have them at Michael’s or other craft stores)
1. Let your loaf pan sit in a small puddle of warm water, flip over your loaf pan on to a cutting board. If the jello doesn’t come out (and you want to come out WHOLE) Run a butter knife around the edges of the loaf pan before you flip.
2. Slice pieces off of the jello as if you were cutting slices of bread. Make triangles with the blue layer at the bottom.
3. Spray your serving tray with a baking or cooking oil. Stick your popsicle sticks into the bottom (blue layer) of the jello shot until it is secure and keep refrigerated until serving.