Spicy Coffee Glazed Meatballs
I’ve been trying to make better meatballs. I figured that since my meatloaf is incredible, how much harder can it be to make a good meatball?
They came out soft and salty on inside and sweet and spicy on the outside. Delicious!
Awhile back I was sent some more Starbucks K-cups to sample — I do love my Starbucks coffee — and it was super easy to just brew one cup of delicious french roast coffee for my glaze.
I need to cook more with coffee. I love way too much to only have it in the morning 🙂
1 pound ground beef
1 large egg
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Mushrooms (chopped up to crumb size in food processor)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp fresh parsley
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Starbucks French Roast Coffee (set your Keurig to a teacup setting and it should make half a cup nice and strong)
1 – 2 tablespoons Siracha Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 400F°
2. Combine spices and then mix your meat, eggs, breadcrumbs and mushrooms. When well combined mix into table spoon sized balls.
3. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper and cook for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
4. Add your brown sugar and Siracha and coffee to a skillet or saucepan with a thick bottom. Cook for about 8 minutes. It will bubble, don’t worry just KEEP STIRRING to avoid over flowing.
5. When you have the right consistency turn off the heat and brush or spoon your meatballs with the glaze. Place the meatballs on a separate plate and serve with toothpick sticks.