OMG Peach Crunch Cake
Did you really come up with this peach crunch cake recipe? Because I think I love you. I mean, I really love you. Just five ingredients and my mouth is still watering. There has been a magnetic force pulling me toward the kitchen since about 3pm.
This is seriously the easiest and most delicious thing I have made in a long time. Nick said so too.
I had to throw the “OMG” in the title because it’s just that good.
One can of peaches. Then sprinkle on one box of yellow cake. One cup of brown sugar. One stick of butter. Half a cup of nuts. Bake.
Really that’s it.
Good thing today is my boss’s birthday and I can bring this into work tomorrow or I just might ruin all of the progress I’ve made in my wedding diet.
Look at all that ooey, gooey, peachy goodness at the bottom.
And then the top is all brown sugary and crunchy. Okay, I have to stop or I will go eat more.
Make this cake/cobbler thing from Bakerella. You won’t be sorry (unless you need to fit into a wedding dress anytime soon).
Peach Crunch Cake (from Bakerella)
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used almonds, I bet pecans are good too, or you can skip the nuts too!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour the peaches and syrup in a 13 X 9 dish, cut up the peaches so they are evenly spread around the dish.
3. Pour your box cake mix on top, do not mix!
4. Top with the pads of butter next, then with your cup of brown sugar and nuts.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold… with or without ice cream.