S’mores Jello Shots in Real Marshmallows

I know s’mores are a summer treat but I think of warm campfires and crisp, cool fall nights when I think of s’mores.

Don’t you?

Speaking of campfires … Have you seen what Tablespoon.com did to my original Marshmallow Jello Shots in Real Marshmallows? They set them on fire. (What?!)While this looks pretty badass, I’m not so sure it would actually work. I’m actually pretty sure that I would burn my mouth off.

Anyway, these are the same concept as my original marshmallow jello shots but I used chocolate vodka (you can even add some Godiva liqueur too!) and then melted some chocolate around the top and added some graham crackers.

They are so delicious it’s easy to forget there is a lot of booze in there! I had to stop myself.

My husband brought the left over jello shots into work again. We are truly weird.

Here is the step by step:

1. Using your fingers pinch out the center of your giant marshmallows.

2. Let your marshmallows sit out a little while to toughen up.

3. Make your alcoholic chocolate jello. I used 1 cup water and a packet of hot chocolate mix. I sprinkled 2 packets of Knox gelatin on top and let it sit for a minute. Then turn on the heat and whisk until boiling and dissolved. When dissolved, pour into 1 cup cold vodka (Pinnacle Whipped Chocolate).

(For a kid friendly, non-alcoholic version just use cold water instead of vodka)

4. This step is really important. Let your chocolate jello mixture cool. It should be at least room temperature before you pour it into your marshmallows. If it’s hot it will melt the marshmallow and it won’t work.

5. Carefully pour your jello mixture into the marshmallows.

. Save any left over jello you have so you can check them as they set and see if any need to be topped off.  They should be ready/set in a few hours.

7. Melt chocolate and spread it around the edges and then roll it in some crushed graham crackers.

S’mores Jello Shots in Real Marshmallows
1 bag giant marshmallows, center hollowed out
1 cup chocolate vodka of choice
1 cup water
2 packets Knox gelatin
1 packet hot chocolate
Melted chocolate for coating the Marshmallows (I used a container of Wilton candy melts that I purchased in the baking isle at the grocery store. It was meant for making chocolate covered strawberries etc.)
1 cup crushed graham crackers

12 Responses to “S’mores Jello Shots in Real Marshmallows”

1. Liz Badley posted on August 26, 2013 at 3:39 pm (#)

Those look soooo YUMMY!!!

2. Sarah posted on August 27, 2013 at 3:06 pm (#)

Brilliant! I wish someone would bring s’mores jello shots into my office. These look delicious!

3. fujl23 posted on October 21, 2013 at 3:59 am (#)

these look awesome and i convinced my work to do a jello shot party with your recipes! unfortunately, im having a hard time digging out the middle of the marshmallows.

4. theresa heropoulos posted on October 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm (#)

Do they need to be refrigerated?

5. theresa heropoulos posted on October 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm (#)

Do they need to be refrigerated?

6. Ashley posted on January 10, 2014 at 1:27 am (#)

I’m about halfway through my second go with this recipe and I have some advise to offer for getting the center of the marshmallows out. In my microwave I heated up a few tablespoons of canola oil in a coffee cup, dipped a spoon into the hot oil, and used that to scoop out the squishy sticky marshmallow middles. After scooping each one I let set them upside down on a paper towel to drain off any leftover oil. It’s worked like magic! Much faster, so much cleaner, and I was able to scoop out more of the marshmallow, leaving more room for jello shot.

7. Nic posted on September 3, 2015 at 10:45 pm (#)

How many marshmallows does this recipe make?

8. Dee posted on December 1, 2015 at 6:36 am (#)

I had trouble “pinching'” marshmallow centers. Tried chilling, only made them stickier! Discovered WATER works great with less sticky mess. Additionally using a small paring knife (Subway’s small knife size) I was able to make clean, deep  square or round holes with accuracy and consistency. Simply use a small bowl of water and dip knife after each cut.  Voila!

9. Dee posted on December 1, 2015 at 10:55 am (#)

Update: round two…thanks to Ashley for suggesting hot spoon. Instead of hot oil i dipped spoon in hot water. Worked even better than knife and faster too.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Let’s toast National S’mores Day with s’mores Jello shots! | Feast Palm Beach

2. Pingback: Fall Favorites | Beverages - The Wandering Mommy

3. Pingback: National Toasted Marshmallow Day: Celebrate with s’mores Jello shots! | Feast Palm Beach