Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots (And a Starbucks Giveaway!)
For me — and just about every woman I know — one my favorite signs of fall is the return of Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
Some of my other favorites are caramel apples coated in crunchy peanuts at your grocery store. Cold crisp mornings that require a jacket for my morning commute and orange, yellow and red leaves on the trees outside our living room window.
This year the start of fall has been a little different. The cooler weather has meant we can spend more time outside with baby Austin, which I love!
We also had to go clothes shopping and pick up some warmer clothes for him. We got him the cutest little fleece vest and a hoodie sweatshirt.
To celebrate fall and their new K-cup flavors of caramel and vanilla (the caramel is ah-mazing) Starbucks put together a giftbox for me to giveaway to one of my readers.
I will announce the winner on my Facebook page Monday, September 30th.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello Shots (Makes about one dozen large shots)
Plastic shot glasses (I buy these from Amazon)
1 cup cold Starbucks vanilla or caramel coffee
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (depending on how much spice you like, taste test it!)
2 packets of Knox gelatin
1 cup whipped cream flavored vodka
Green straws cut in half (the straws not only look cute but also help you extract the jello!)
Whipped cream or Cool Whip
1. Pour one cup cold vanilla or caramel coffee (or plain would still work too!) into a medium sized sauce pan. Sprinkle two packets of Knox gelatin on top and let it sit for 2 minutes without stirring.
2. Place the sauce pan over medium to high heat and whisk the coffee breaking up the gelatin and letting it dissolve. When warm add your 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk and whisk until combined.
3. Add your pumpkin pie spice, whisk again, bring to a low boil then turn off the heat.
4. Pour 1 cup cold whipped cream flavored vodka to your pumpkin spice coffee mixture. Pour your Pumpkin Spice Latte Jello into your shot glasses.
5. Add your straws to the jello shots and then place them in the fridge for several hours to firm up.
6. Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.