Frambois Lambic Cocktail

Years and years ago I went to an outdoor art festival with my Aunt Megan. We had lunch at a trendy little restaurant in a hip area of Norwalk, Connecticut.

We sat outside and she ordered us a drink that I have been craving ever since. For years I would ask her “What was that you ordered again?” She would tell me and I would forget.

Well I remembered and I finally made it…

Frambois Lambic is a Belgian beer that is fermented with raspberries. Fancy huh?

It’s pretty sweet and even a little tangy. If you like girly drinks you will definitely like this.

A shot or splash of Chambord (raspberry liqueur) gives it an extra kick. I added some lemon zest which believe it or not sweetens it up and relieves some of the tang.

(It’s really good without the Chambord too.)

The Frambois Lambic possibilities are endless.

Frambois Lambic Mimosas

Frambois Lambic Sangria

Frambois Lambic Margarita

and on and on. So good!

I’m thankful that my aunts have such good taste.

There is nothing better than raspberry beer in a champagne fluke while soaking in a bubble bath after the bebe has gone to bed!

Frambois Lambic Cocktail

Fill a glass (of choice) with some ice and pour in your Frambois Lambic. Add a splash of Chambord for extra raspberry kick (optional).

9 Responses to “Frambois Lambic Cocktail”

1. Liz Badley posted on November 18, 2013 at 6:25 pm (#)

So good! New planet also has a gluten free raspberry ale that is a lot cheaper than buying an imported lambic. Also – if you like the raspberry, you should try the kriek – cherry!!! It was my fave before I had to give up the gluten.

• Michelle O replied on November 18th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I was just reading about the cherry! Yum. I can’t wait to try that one too.

2. Made in Sonoma posted on November 18, 2013 at 6:47 pm (#)

This looks delicious, Michelle! Would you believe I’ve never tried Frambois Lambic?! You’ve pretty much sold me though. I Definitely need to pick one up!

3. Lauren posted on November 19, 2013 at 2:28 am (#)

yum! haven’t had Frambois in while, but now I may need to purchase!

4. Suzanne posted on November 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm (#)

I have some in the fridge right now!

5. Allie D. posted on November 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm (#)

Ice in your beer? Do you really do that? I get that it’s a beer you can turn into (drinkable) cocktails, which automatically puts it in a different category from most other beers…. but if I were drinking it straight, I can’t imagine putting ice in. Just IMO! Regardless I think I might visit my fancy-schmancy liquor store and see what I can find………… Thanks for the idea!

• Allie D. replied on November 23rd, 2013 at 12:12 am

I’m afraid that my post came off as snarky, which I did not intend at all… I really would like to hear an answer about ice and beer. I am a major foodie! and back in the day when I was gainfully employed I had stints as a restaurant reviewer and food writer – and I follow your blog and I am genuinely curious about putting ice in a beer. I’ve never before heard of that nor have I imagined it – until reading this post! Do you suggest drinking the beer really quickly so it doesn’t get too watered down? There are some beers which I very much enjoy sipping slowly and savoring – almost as a fine wine – and melted ice (aka water!) would destroy such things. Of course when drinking beers of that ilk, I would hope you wouldn’t be dumping Chambord or anything else into it.
      Anyway I’d love to hear an answer, from you and other readers of this blog, what it is like to drink a beer with ice in it.. Maybe this makes me sound stupid but please know that I am not criticizing anybody! I am very much in favor of eating and drinking whatever you like, however you like it, and, really, forget the food snobs who criticize some things as low-brow and not to be touched with a ten foot pole.

6. kayleigh cox posted on November 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm (#)

Chamboard is my drink! I get a bottle every christmas, so will definitely be trying this out! Chamboard with sprite is my favourite 🙂

7. kayleigh cox posted on November 22, 2013 at 2:19 pm (#)

Also if you have a champagne/fizzy wine that is too dry, a splash of chamboard really helps!