Peeps Jello Shots
Is it wrong to make jello shots for Easter? There is something that seems a little off about making boozy party treats for this particular holiday.
I just couldn’t help myself… Who doesn’t love Peeps? Delicious and adorable Peeps made with marshmallow flavored vodka!
I looked all over for a bunny shaped cookie cutter that was the right size for jello shots. It was harder than I thought. But then I found this mold from Wilton at Michaels. You can order them here.
Spray a little bit of baking spray in the mold, pour in the jello mixture and after the jello sets they pop right out. Super easy!
I usually don’t like to post jello shot recipes that require a specific mold but these were just too darn cute.
The other trick to making these look just like peeps is buying the right food coloring. Wilton makes gel food coloring for baking and the colors are bright and vibrant.
I used nonpareil sprinkles for the eyes and nose. Although I wish I had some chocolate sprinkles, I think brown would have been even better.
You can even cover them with colored sugar just like real Peeps!
I know Easter is a whole month away but I couldn’t wait any longer to share them! Now you have plenty of time to go out and buy the Wilton bunny mold. 🙂
Let me know if you find a better bunny cookie cutter out there. I looked everywhere.
Peeps Jello Shots
4 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup water
1 cup marshmallow flavored vodka
Wilton gel food coloring in rose and lemon yellow
Nonpareil or chocolate sprinkles
2 packets Knox Gelatin
Wilton bunny mold or small bunny cookie cutter
1. In a medium sized bowl mix 1 cup water with 4 heaping tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Use a whisk and make sure the water and milk is combined. Pour the milk mixture back into a measuring cup and make sure it’s still 1 cup of liquid. Dump out anything extra.
2. Pour the milk mixture into a sauce pan and sprinkle your Knox gelatin on top. Let it sit for a minute to activate and then turn on medium to high heat and whisk until combined and smooth.
3. Add a small amount (I used just the tip of a small spoon, a little goes a long way) of your gel food coloring to the mixture. When mixture is desired color and simmering, turn off your heat.
4. Add one cup of cold marshmallow flavored vodka and then pour into lightly greased molds. (Wipe down the molds with a paper towel to make sure there isn’t too much baking spray/grease on them)
5. Let sit for 2-4 hours or until firm. Carefully pop bunnies right out of the mold. Top with sprinkles for eyes.
NOTE: If you are using a bunny cookie cutter instead of the molds, just pour the jello mixture in a square cake pan (or two circular cake pans) and let it set for a few hours. When firm carefully cut out your jello peeps.