Apple Butter Sparklers
I’ve been putting apple butter on my toast in the morning to feel a little more fall-ish. You know what’s even more fun that apple butter on toast?
Apple butter in champagne.
I saw this cocktail recipe while I was reading Southern Living at the hair salon a few weeks ago. I had foils all over my head (still not ready to let go of the summer blonde) and was obsessing over all of their autumn ideas.
This one was the first on my list to try.
They had a recipe for making your own apple butter. You could do that. I bet it would be really tasty.
Me … I just bought some at the store already in a jar and made it look prettier by putting it in a mason jar. (Me + job + toddler = shortcuts)
I bet your local farmers market has some really good homemade apple butter too. Move over mimosa. Fall is coming and she is spicy, sweet, tart and bubbly!
Apple Butter Sparkler
Yield: 2 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Butter from store (usually next to the peanut butter and jelly)
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Cups chilled Prosecco or champagne of choice
- Garnish with apple slices on mini skewers (the apple butter can settle at the bottom after time so the skewers are a good way to stir it back up)
- Pour 2 cups champagne into a large measuring cup (or bowl but it's easier to pour later out of a measuring cup)
- In a bowl whisk your 4 tablespoons apple butter and 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Whisk the apple butter into the champagne and pour into two glasses.
- Serve with apple slices on mini skewers in each glass. Again, the apple butter can settle at the bottom after time so the skewers are a good way to stir it back up.
Adapted From Southern Living.