Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about refreshing drinks! This summer iced tea recipe is simple, healthy, tasty and will be a hit with your family. Even better, you can make this tasty beverage ahead of time in large batches so you’re always ready for an impromptu picnic or party.
Delicious Summer Iced Tea Recipe
We recommend using a loose leaf or traditional black tea like Earl Grey, English Breakfast Tea, and Orange Pekoe for this recipe!
Fresh lemon juice (from about two large lemons)
Sugar – to taste, depending on how sweet you want your tea. Start with a tablespoon and add more if desired.
Honey or agave nectar – optional; use if the tea is too tart for your liking. A teaspoon should do it
Tips for extra delicious Iced tea
Add fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
Try a different kind of tea in your pitcher for an entirely new iced tea experience! For example: Earl Grey Ice Tea would be delicious with lemon and sugar (pictured below)
-Garnish the glass rim with lemons slices to make it look extra
- Brew tea according to the instructions on your tea bag.
- We recommend using a loose leaf or traditional black tea like Earl Grey, English Breakfast Tea, and Orange Pekoe for this recipe!
- Pour cooled brewed tea into pitcher with ice cubes until it’s three quarters full. Add in sugar (or any other sweetener) to taste.
- Add in fresh lemon slices and your favorite fruit (berries, kiwi, or citrus fruits). Mango is also a delicious option! Stir well to combine flavors.
- Serve with ice cubes on the side for an extra refreshing drink and garnish with mint leaves if desired. Enjoy responsibly!