Apple pie is a classic American dessert that has been around for generations. In this blog post, you will learn how to make apple pie from scratch and the best ingredients to use. You don’t have to be an expert baker or chef in order to follow these instructions. The recipe is simple and straightforward with lots of pictures!
Apple Pie Recipe: Apple-y Goodness in Every Bite
- Pie crust dough (store bought or homemade)
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Eggs, beaten (1 or 2)
- Brown sugar, packed (1/2 cup)
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour (2 tbsp)
- Salt and cinnamon (1 tbsp) for the pie filling. The amount of salt and cinnamon will depend on your taste preference.
- 6 to 7 cups of thinly sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices. Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Separate the dough into two-thirds of the dough for a bottom crust and one third for top crust. Roll out each piece on a floured surface then place in pie pan, pressing down firmly to create an edge all around
- Combine apple filling ingredients together in large bowl: Add filling; dot with butter. Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle
- Place the top crust over filling and trim edges, sealing by pressing with fingers
- Cut slits in dough for steam to escape. Brush pie with egg wash
- Bake at 375° for 25-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack before serving.